In addition to sending electronic invoices, Biller Genie can also send out paper mailed invoices, something many customers prefer. As a matter of fact, 73% of American consumers say they would like to be contacted by brands via paper mail because they can read it whenever they want. Sometimes overly-crowded email inboxes can become storage space for lost invoices. Physical invoices and reminders serve as great reminders because they’re tangible and not easily lost or forgotten. Biller Genie has a solution: paper mail invoices and reminders sent by us, without any extra work on your part. The Genie has you covered when it comes to sending printed and mailed invoices and reminders.
Some subscribers who do business with companies require printed invoices in order to send payments, which is why Biller Genie’s paper mail feature is even more important. This time-saving feature can be utilized at an individual customer level.
Tip: If you do opt to go with electronic invoicing, one tip to increase open rates is to make sure your customers add your email address to their “safe sender list” to prevent the emails from being filtered into their spam or promotions folder. With paper mail, you don’t have to worry about this.
What’s additionally great about paper mailed invoices sent by Biller Genie is that you don’t have to hassle with sending them yourself. Biller Genie’s customer service will help you make the most out of sending paper mail invoices and reminders. Consider this: Accounting-related statement printing, sorting, processing, and direct mailing are notoriously complex. When a business tries to do it in-house, they often come up short, quickly realizing that it’s far more time-consuming and expensive than they realized. That’s where Biller Genie steps in. The Genie automatically prints, stuffs, posts, mails branded invoices and reminders, so you don’t have to.
- There is a large up-front cost for equipment to handle paper mail, not to mention the supplies, storage, and training. When you’re running a business, the last thing you need is for your printing and mailing to take up more time than it should. You have work to do, customer concerns that need a response. You don’t need the headache of paper jams and broken equipment. No one can argue that reducing paper mail is a great benefit, but electronic means aren’t right for everyone.
Benefits of Paper Mailed Invoices from Biller Genie:
- Biller Genie ensures the highest level of deliverability.
The Genie verifies your mailing address with the United States Postal Service, ensuring the highest deliverability rates.
- Invoices and reminders are sent on fully-branded letterhead.
Your paper invoices are going to be just as unique as you. All reminders are sent on high-quality, full-color letterhead that is customized to your brand, with your colors and logo.
- Depending on the industry, such as health and finance, paper mail may be a better fit.
Despite e-invoicing being secure, not every industry is just right for electronic invoicing. Areas like finance and health remain sacred, and can often demand higher levels of privacy. Some people are more comfortable receiving paper mailed invoices when it relates to their health or their finances, as it gives them a better peace of mind.
- Paper mail is an automated process.
Paper mailed invoices and reminders are automated, so there’s not extra work on your part and you can feel assured knowing that the paper mailed invoices are being sent on schedule so that you get paid faster.
- Paper mail is an affordable option.
Paper mail is an affordable option, especially given the fact that it greatly increases the likelihood that you’ll be paid. The cost for using paper mail in Biller Genie is $1.50 per reminder + 25¢ per extra page.
- Sometimes email is not enough.
Mailing paper invoices gives some customers that added nudge when email is not enough. It helps escalate messaging for overdue invoicing, helping ensure they get paid.
- A Personal Touch.
We stuff your cover letter and your invoice or reminder into each envelope that we send. Your logos and return address displays in full color in the window of the envelope.
Is paper mail best for you? Here are four ways that paper mail can work for you:
- 25% of consumers choose to receive paper invoices because they feel it is a “security precaution.” People don’t fear mail carriers will open and read their correspondence — unlike online interactions where some people feel the extra need to take safety precautions to protect their personal information. For many, the traditional mail process is easy to understand. Iits familiarity is comforting, especially for older customers who are used to receiving paper invoices in the mail.
- There’s a human element to paper mail. Do you know your mail person by name? Some people have established relationships with their mail carrier, and that equals a trust factor and human element not seen in electronic mail. The USPS®’s newer customer-service efforts, like 24-hour call centers, reinforce relationships between the agency and its customers. Consumers named the USPS® one of the United States’ 20 most trusted companies and the number one most trusted government agency for the last 10 years, so it’s no surprise that many people want to receive their invoices and reminders by postal mail.
- It’s nice to have a choice. Giving consumers the option for email or paper mail has a positive effect on business metrics, such as increasing loyalty and decreasing churn. To rank high in consumer trust, a company must respect its customers and provide top-notch customer service. Adding paper mail is an added business benefit, giving customers the power of choice.
- If right now no customers request paper mail, that’s not to say they won’t change their minds in the future. Situations change. Being ready for that change with a solid solution like the option for paper mail invoices and reminders is key to meeting consumer demand and seamless customer experiences.
How to Setup Paper Mail in Biller Genie
Make sure that you have your bank account information handy including your bank name, routing, and account numbers. From within Biller Genie, go to the Main Menu and navigate to the Control Panel drop-down and select Add Ons. From there click Paper Mail. Ensure your business information is correct or update it and click Step 2. Confirm or update your location and click Step 3. Now, you’ll confirm or enter your payment details including your bank name, routing number and account number.
Click Review and ensure the information is correct. Then click Sign. You’ll see a PDF powered by Adobe Sign. Click in the signature line and type your name. Then select the blue Click To Sign button at the bottom. You’ll be prompted to enter your email address. Enter it then Click to Sign. After this, you’ll see a confirmation that your paper mail application has been completed.
In order to activate your paper mail account, Biller Genie will review your application before activating your paper mail account. You’ll receive an email as soon as the account is activated. You’ll know that paper mail is active when you see the green Active word appear at the top of the Paper Mail page.
How to Use Paper Mail In Biller Genie
Are you all set up to begin using paper mail? After your account has been set up, you can start using paper mail right away. Here’s how you can start using paper mail right away after setup.
You should now have a better understanding of Biller Genie’s paper mail feature. If you have any questions, reach out to Biller Genie’s customer service team at [email protected] or call 877.245.5374. Paper mail is just one of the many features the Genie offers to supercharge your invoicing and improve your accounts receivable.